Monday, October 15, 2007

CPR Training


Learning CPR is so important. We could be saving the life of our family member or our friend. Once the heart stops beating, every second counts. For every minute that passes without CPR, the chance of surviving of the patient drops by 10%. Usually by the time paramedic arrives, the window of opportunity has passed.
Did you know?
The American Heart Association estimates that 80 percent of cardiac arrests occur at home and that 60 percent are witnessed by other people.
Well, I was so determined to acquire this lifesaving skill, that I checked the CPR webpage on weekly basis, after knowing that the City of Ottawa might be offering CPR course to the public in fall. Finally, I went to attend the CPR (level C) and AED training last weekends. This is the 2nd CPR course I attended since I last attended one 10 years ago. (Opps... I supposed to renew it every 2 years.)
Note: If you are in Ottawa, you can take the free CPR and AED Training from the ottawa.ca website. Click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails